Friday, September 15, 2017

Casting A Larger Spell

My last magic square turned out to be the same as Robin's diagram. I really want to tat a bigger square, so I'm having another go. My idea of turning Robin's diagram upside down is fine, but I needed to use a different 'apex':
That's the new one on the left and the previous one on the right. It does boggle the mind a little, I hope I can keep it all straight. So what I've done forms a quarter of the new square, where it was half of the previous one.

8 comments:

  1. Oh well done! You are in the exact same spot I am on my magic square, and I was thinking about writing a post about it, but yours says it better. You must tat very fast to have done a second version so quickly. Good job on figuring out the expansion of the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been beetling along, terribly excited, but I won't be able to keep up the pace.

      Delete
  2. I am sure you will get it!!! :) It's looking fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... once again, in these discussions, I am totally bewildered. However, I do like whatever it is you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful! I'll have to give it a try when I feel like I have a little more brain power. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jane, you are a speedy tatter! After you finish this triangle you'll get to decide again if you want to make the square even bigger :)

    ReplyDelete